Monday 9 April 2012

Dominique Doll 2006 - Winner

Spooktacular Domino Doll
As a memeber of the DominoART yahoo Group I was very proud
to be the winner of the 2006 Dominique Doll Mascot Competition





MATERIALS
2 x super sized dominoes, 4 x regular sized dominoes, 4 x small dominoes

1 x mini domino, 1 x checkit, 1 x Lollipop stick
Bead wire
Aleen’s Glue
Hot glue gun
DecoColor opaque paint marker Liquid Gold - broad line
Ghosts, pumpkin, witch embellishments by Craftime Ltd (UK Company)
Hair is the tassel off a curtain tie back
Face stamp unknown
Burgundy and gold glass beads
Adirondack Alcohol inks :- wild plum, stream, butterscotch

I already had the checkit on my display shelf.  The stamp is unknown, but it was coloured using Sharpies.   When I was thinking about what and how to create the face of my spooktacular domino doll, I glanced over to my  “inspiration” domino display shelf and knew I just had to use this piece
DIRECTIONS
Stamped dominoes with the Adirondack alcohol inks (polished stone technique)
Outlined dominoes using Liquid Gold marker pen
Arrange beads to create arms and legs
Glue arms and legs to wrong side of domino, then attach front domino to secure
Glue wrong side of 1 super sized domino to lollipop stick, attach arms and legs and then
attached the other super sized domino as body
Glue on neck domino and face checkit domino (for gluing of all dominoes I used my hot glue gun)
Embellish with ghost on body, attach pumpkin to middle of forehead on face/checkit, attach witches and leaves to hair.

1 comment: